Experience BIM modelling and the benefits that it brings to your project. Easy and efficient.
An interactive knowledge industry-based structured skills training and knowledge development presented through a Structured Learning Experience (SLE) methodology wherein you acquire the necessary understanding, basic competency, and proficiency on the essentials in Structural BIM Modelling.
With SLE, you can gain, in a short period of time, the most relevant knowledge needed to become proficient and knowledgeable in the essential requirements for your structural projects.
This course will provide the students’ knowledge to the concept of Building Information Modelling and orientation with the used BIM Authoring Tool. During this session, participants will have a chance to know each other and learn most essential tools in building information from 2D to 3D. Know the techniques and methodologies in completing small to mid-scale projects as a foundation to 4D scheduling and 5D quantities and costing.
Why BIM Modelling?
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) has established itself to be a powerful process for design and construction teams over the last 20 years. (Source: constructionblog.autodesk.com)
- 88% of Architects and Engineers say that BIM enables better design insight. (Source: Dodge Data and Analytics; constructionblog.autodesk.com)
- 82% of BIM users say that they have achieved a positive ROI. (Source: Dodge Data and Analytics; constructionblog.autodesk.com)
- BIM is the 2nd most requested skill, behind field experience, construction firms desire from their future workforce. (Source: JB Knowledge 2017; constructionblog.autodesk.com)
Who is this Program for?
This program is for beginners on Building Information Modelling (BIM) or for those professionals transitioning from basic CAD planning into complete virtual designing and construction.
Roles that can benefit in learning this program include:
- Project Managers
- Online Lectures Delivered Live
- Peer Discussions
- Proficiency Assessment Examination
Top International Companies Using BIM*
- Hochtief Aktiengesellschaft
- China Communications Construction Group
- Bechtel Group
- Skanska AB
- JGC Corporation
- Chiyoda Corporation
- GS E&C
Career Opportunities for BIM
- BIM Manager
- BIM Designer/Technician/Coordinator
- BIM Modeler
- Digital Project Manager
- BIM Engineer
- VDC Project Engineer
What will you be able to do after this Program?
- Perform and practice the basics of BIM modelling
- Learn and experience the methodologies on how to Implement structural modelling projects using appropriate BIM modelling tools.
- Perform and practice the knowledge on how to create an actual project using 3D authoring tools
- Perform and practice the knowledge how to utilize BIM software in connection with your structural projects
- Achieve professional growth
- Improve project visualization through the model
Module 1: Vertical Structural Elements (Workshop)
- Setting-up the project
- Creating grids and levels
- Placing reference plans
- Basic vertical modelling elements
- Structural Columns
- Retaining Walls
- Bearing Walls
- Shear Walls
- Workshop activities on creating 3D vertical structural model elements
Module 2: Horizontal Structural Elements (Workshop)
- Basic horizontal modelling elements
- Structural Footings
- Structural Slabs
- Beams and Girders
- Structural Floors
- Workshop activities on creating 3D horizontal structural model elements
Module 3: Editing and Modifying Elements (Workshop)
- Basic methods of modifying elements
- Intermediate methods of modifying elements
- Workshop activities on finalizing the model
Meet the Knowledge Experts
All our instructors are Registered and Licensed Professional with complete Trainer’s Advancement Training following industry standards and methodologies in Building Information Modelling, Engineering and Architecture with more than 3 years’ experience in field / design office.
Your Knowledge Experience
The program is a 9-hour course spread over three (3) days and consists of online seminars, peer discussions, hands-on exercises, open forums and workshop.
The first day is understanding the concept of Building Information Modelling and orientation with the used BIM Authoring Tool. During this session, participants will have a chance to know each other and learn most important and essential tools in building information from 2D to 3D. Know the techniques and methodologies in completing small to mid-scale projects as a foundation to 4D scheduling and 5D quantities.
Setting the Objectives
Learning objectives for the duration of the course is established to ensure that learning outcomes will be obtained.
Interactive Workshop Activities
Workshop activities are conducted online that gives you an on-hand experience to practice what you learned during the lectures.
Our vCamp platform provides a venue for participants to express their opinions and share experiences through our student forum. Students may post questions and queries or merely start a conversation with other members of the vCamp platform.
Online Learning Support
We have an online support team that will cater to participants’ needs during office hours. Just kindly email us at knowledge.escaknowledge.com and our team will see to your needs.
You will have continued access of the program video recordings for up to 3 months from the end date of the program.
There will be three types of digital certificates that a participant may receive from Multi-Disciplinary Institute of Technology, Inc. (MIT) throughout the course.
Upon completing a lecture module, you will receive a digital Certificate of Attendance.
Duration and Format
- 9-Hour / 3 Days I Online Training via MS Teams
- Upon completion of the course program, participants may apply for CPD points through Self-Directed
About ESCA Knowledge Academy
We are translating a trusted brand in engineering services to skills and knowledge development as our contribution to society. We enable students and practitioners to be AEC knowledge professionals by way of a structured learning experience.
We are about matching skills and training with industry needs. With industry-based learning (software usage plus industry application), we aim to produce Knowledge professionals in Building Information Modelling (BIM) and other technological opportunities that are increasingly required by the global architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) sector, in a world that is now driven and shaped by technology.